PLANT QUARANTINE NOTICE - Guide for Travellers
1. All items listed below requires an import permit (Controlled items)
• Plants and plant parts including seeds and other planting materials, for
consumption, processing or any other purposes
• Soil and growth/ rooting media
• Insects and other biological control agents
• Herbarium and dried flowers
2. All items listed above, including fresh plant produce and processed product must be declared to the Plant Quarantine Office upon arrival.
Penalty or failure to do so, is a fine not exceeding RM1,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 6 months or both. Penalty for maliciously introducing a pest or a plant into Malaysia is a fine not exceeding RM10,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 2 years or both.
3. Passenger from South and Central America and Central Africa are required to report to the Plant Quarantine Office on arrival.
Fur further advice, please contact:
DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE, DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, SARAWAK
Tel: 082-255845/414713 , Fax: 082-413163